MV Kaimai Ship No 448
Launched in June 1956, MV Kaimai was another ship ordered from the Union Steamship Company of New Zealand, she was a fine looking sturdy little ship built for trade around the temperamental waters of the beautiful country of New Zealand. She was the second ship of the USSCo of New Zealand to carry the Kaimai name.
She was built to carry general cargo, timber, and coal and was mainly employed on the East Coast of New Zealand.
In the early 1980’s MV Kaimai had been sold on a few times she was now renamed to MV Kita
Photo: Singapore 7/1985.
Copyright Bob Scott