She was built for Richardson and Co of Napier New Zealand in 1938 by Henry Robb Ltd of Leith.
Length 193.10 Breadth 35.80 Depth 11.65 GRT 679.15 Net 334.46 In 1942 she was taken over by United States Navy for service in the Pacific as a supply vessel. She was renamed USS KOPARA serving throughout the rest of the war in the Pacific.
1946 Saw her returned to her owners for coastal trading which included Auckland, Hicks Bay, Tokomaru Bay, Tologa Bay Gisborne, Napier, Wellington, Bluff, Dunedin, Oamaru, Timaru, and Lyttelton.
1968 She was sold to Karlander Line of New Guinea and renamed Sarang.
1970 Resold to Apollo Shipping & Trading & Sendirian Berhad of Malaysia and renamed Cherry Chepat.
1979 Sold once again to Malayan Navigation Company Sdn Bhd of Penang.
As of late 1980's she was reported as still being in service as Hai Hong 1.
She was a smart little twin screw Motor Vessel, which, but for the start of World War Two the shipyard of Henry Robb would have produced a great many more.