Updated: Oct 8
SILVIO Ship No 358 was the fourth ship in what was a large order for ships to be built in the Leith Shipyards of Henry Robb.
The order was from The Ellerman Wilson Line, for a total of six ships as they started to re-build the fleets they had lost during the terrible years of the Second World War. The ships of the Merchant Navy faced the enemy from Day one on 3rd September 1939 right through to the surrender of Japan in August of 1945.
She was launched from the yard at Leith in July 1947
SS Silvio fully laden with another cargo